~ The Truth is Not Known by Way of Men, Men are Known by Way of The Truth – Shaykh Haamid Khamees al-Junaybi [Audio|Ar-En]
Bismillaah wa -Alhamdulillaah wa Salaatu wa Salaam ‘alaa Rasulillaah ‘amma ba’d
Muwahhideen Publications organized a LIVE tele-lecture on Saturday 16th June, 2012 with Shaykh Haamid ibn Khamees al-Junaybi (May Allaah Preserve Him), one of the mashayikh from Abu Dhaby, U.A.E. The Shaykhstudied with Shaykhanna al-Walid ‘Ubaydullaah al-Jaabiree (May Allaah preserve him). He also studied with many of the prominent scholars of our time, like Shaykh Zayd al-Madkhalee, Shaykh Saalih as-Suhaymee andShaykh Muhammad al-Aqeel, whom he has written tazkiyyah from. The tele-lecture is entitled “The Truth is Not Known by Way of Men but Men are Known by Way of The Truth”. The Shaykh had a follow up to the first part on Sunday 24th June, 2012.
The Shaykh started off by saying that the shayateen from mankind and jinn have misguided many of the slaves of Allaah by three mighty deviations that are nothing but lies upon Allaah.
- Taking people away from the texts i.e The Book of Allaah and the Sunnah of Muhammad (sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) to the opinions, desires and allegiances.
- Glorifying ignorance amongst the people so much so that it became an objective that the majority of the people be upon that mannerism of ignorance.
- Glorifying or thinking of some scholars as being holy and infallible.
As a result, it is necessary to clarify the straight path of Allaah and thus the Shaykh outlined some principles needed by the student of knowledge that he/she can use as a light on the path towards his/her Lord.
These principles include:-
- Allaah has clarified to the people the path of truth and the way to know the truth.
- It is a must to bring the Book of Allaah and Sunnah of Muhammad (sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) above and beyond the intellect and analogy of the people.
- It a must to understand the book and the Sunnah upon the understanding of the salaf-us-saalih.
- It is a must to know that the truth is being upon the understanding of the salaf-us-saalih or anybody upon that understanding i.e the scholars of this deen that have followed the first generations in ihsaan(perfection).
- We must believe that the truth is always present in every time and every generation and it is not possible that you would have a time, generation or century in which there is no person guiding the people to the truth.
- It is a must to know that even though the scholars are those who are guiding the people to the truth, it doesn’t mean that they are infallible and cannot or may not go against the truth even in one single matter.
- Whoever tries to seek the proof from the book and the Sunnah, he should never ever leave it for the statement of anybody else regardless of who that person may be but rather he must follow the book ofAllaah and the Sunnah of Muhammad (sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam).
- The truth is independent of any man but the truth cannot be known except through the men who transmit it.
- If the proof contradicts the statements of men, it is waajib upon us to bring forward the proof ahead of the statements of men.
- Whoever is ignorant of the proofs of the Quraan and Sunnah and understanding of the salaf-us-saalihmust go back to the rulings of the scholars.
- Nobody after the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) can be obeyed in everything he commands and forbids.
- It is not permissible to say that every mujtahid (one who has the tools and strives to derive rulings from the Quraan and Sunnah) is correct. The truth is only one and cannot be more than one.
- The people of the Sunnah will suspect/accuse the opinions of people but will never accuse/suspect the religion of Allaah.
- It is not permissible for anybody to delve into ijtihaad during times of calamity except if he is well qualified and has the capacity to be upon ijtihaad.
- It is not correct to use as a proof against those who are calling to the Book and the Sunnah with the understanding of the salaf-us-saalih that the four imaams of the four madhahib have more precedence to be followed than the pious predecessors of this Ummah.
- The people of the Sunnah will refute and correct whoever goes against the proofs of the Book and theSunnah even if the one who went against the proofs is a Shaykh of the Sunnah.
- IMPORTANT PRINCIPLE: It is a must to warn against the people of innovation and desires, to warn against their statements, and this is the way of the companions of Muhammad (sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) and those who followed them from the Taabi’oon and those who follow them in ihsaan till the Day of Judgment.
The Shaykh brought an abundance of proofs from the Quraan and Sunnah as well as the statements of our pious predecessors in explaining the aforementioned points.
A must listen for those who wish to acquaint themselves with the truth!
We ask Allaah to make us align ourselves to the truth and the people of truth and rid us of the sickness of blind following anyone, and to make us avid followers of Muhammad (sallAllaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam).
Wa Billaahi Tawfeeq
Wa SallAllaahu wa Sallaama wa Barak ‘alaa Nabiyanna Muhammad wa ‘alaa ‘Alyhi wa Sahbyhi wa Sallam
Source : Posted from mpubs.org with permission
The Jama’ah is That Which Agrees With the Truth
Abu Anisa ‘Abdul Hakeem (hafidhahullaah)
[Class hosted by Masjid Ibn Abbas of College Park Ga & Masjid Al Bukhaari of West Palm Beach Fl] [Mp3|English]
Listen / Download Mp3 Here (Time 38:22)
“There will never cease to be a small group (tai’fah) from my Ummah
clearly upon the Truth until the Hour is established.”
[Reported by Muslim, Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah and Al-Hakim - Sahih]
Abdullah ibn Mas’ud said,
“The Jama’ah is whatever (agrees) with the Truth.
Even if it is only one person.”