A tremendous lecture delivered in Toronto (2002) during the first summer seminar. Our noble brother, Abu Khadeejah spoke upon the topic of being sincere with the Sunnah and since with the Scholars, the inheritors of the Prophet (sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam).
Listen / Download Mp3 from troid.ca:
From ’Awf Ibn Maalik (radiyallaahu ’anhu) who said that the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) said: ‘‘The Jews will split into seventy-one sects, so one will be in Paradise and seventy will be in the Fire. And the Christians will split into seventy-two sects, so seventy-one will be in the Fire, and one will be in Paradise. Any by the One in whose Hand the soul of Muhammad is, my Ummah shall split into seventy-three sects, and one will be in Paradise and seventy-two will be in the Fire.’’ It was said: ‘Who are they O Messenger of Allaah?’ He said: ‘‘The Jamaa’ah.’’ 
From Mu’aawiyah (radiyallaahu ’anhu) who said: I heard the Prophet (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) saying: ‘‘There shall always remain a group from my Ummah, upholding the affair of Allaah, not being harmed by those who seek to mislead them, nor by those who oppose them, until the Command of Allaah comes and they are upon that.’’ 
Regarding the common dispute about the correct path, Aboo Khadeejah states, “…The people think this is just an academic argument between the Salafees and other than the Salafees. They believe it is just a matter of words, a sect called salafiyyah fighting against all of the other sects. This is from the greatest of confusions that the people try to spread; rather the reality of the matter is that this is an issue of Jannah (Paradise) and Naar (Hell-Fire). And it is an issue of the hold of the Prophet (sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam), it is an issue of drinking from the lake of the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam), it is an issue of earning the love of the Messenger (sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) on Youmul-Kiyyamah (the day of judgment) and Him (sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) not turning away from you, for if He (sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) turns away from you then know assuredly that Allaah will turn away from you. For anyone who harms the Messenger (sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) then Allaah is angry with him. So we say that us warning the people, warning them from those matters which oppose the Religion is not just a matter of academics, but rather it is a matter of preserving the ummah and what this ummah is upon… It is not a matter of academics; it is a matter of salvation of one’s soul.”
From the Topics Discussed:
- Respect for the ’Ulamaa
- The position of the ‘Ulamaa in Islaam
- A Group upon the Truth in every Generation
- Putting the Madhhab before the Sunnah, The root of Hizbiyyah (partisanship)
- Formation of groups and parties, a greater destruction that madhhabiyyah
- Dispelling the arguments of the people of hizbiyyah
- The salafiyyeen connect the people to the books of the Salaf, the people of party-spirit connect the people to ‘supposed’ current affairs (magazines, newspapers etc.)
- The corrupt tahazzub of the hizbiyyeen, their praise for those who admire them and their extreme hatred for those who call the people to the ‘Ulamaa
- The introspective characteristic of the salafiyyeen as opposed to the false attribution of pride at the hands of the hizbiyyeen
 Hasan: Related by Ibn Maajah (no. 3992).
 Saheeh: Related by al-Bukhaaree (no. 3641) and by Muslim (no. 1037).