Listen / Download Mp3 Here (Time 29:07)
Posted from : Khutbah’s at Masjid Ibn Abbas
Allaah the Most High said in the Qur’aan: The meaning of which is:
Say: “(But) the things that my Lord has indeed forbidden are Al-Fawahish (great evil sins and every kind of unlawful sexual intercourse) whether committed openly or secretly, sins (of all kinds), unrighteous oppression, joining partners (in worship) with Allaah for which He has given no authority, and saying things about Allah of which you have no knowledge.”
Shaykh-ul-Islaam Ibn ul-Qayyim, in his tremendous work, Madaarij as-Saalikeen.
“As for speaking about Allaah without knowledge then it is the most severe of all these prohibitions in its nature of being prohibited and the greatest of them in sinfulness. For this reason, it has been mentioned in the 4th position of the Haraam things, that all of the religions and legislations have agreed upon and it is never, ever permissible to speak about Allaah without knowledge. It is never, ever other than Haraam.”
“Indeed, this Knowledge is Religion, So Examine the One You Take Your Deen (Religion) From” – Abu Khadeejah AbdulWaahid [Audio|En]
Listen / Download Mp3 Here (Time 42:32)
Courtesy: Salafiyyah Maldives
Imaam Ibn Seereen (rahimahullaah) said:
“Indeed, this Knowledge is Religion, So Examine the One You Take Your Deen (Religion) From.”
- Indeed This Knowledge Is Religion So Look To The One You Take Your Religion From – Shaykh Muhammad al-Imaam [Audio|Ar-En]
- Knowledge is Not to be Taken from the Pious Worshipper who doesn’t have Knowledge – Hasan as Sumali [Audio|En]
- Explaining Ibn al Qayyim poetry ”Knowledge is ‘Allaah said’ and ‘His messenger said’ …” – Shaikh Al-Ghudayaan [Video|Ar-En Subtitles]
- Distinguishing Those From Whom Knowledge Is Taken – Abu Khadeejah Abdul Waahid [Audio|En]
- Adhering to the Understanding of the Companions – Knowledge is what comes from Allaah and His Messenger – Abu Muhammad al-Maghribee [Audio|En]
- O Hasty Youth! Come to your Senses and Respect the Rights of The (Upright) Scholars and Teachers
- Criterion To Distinguish A True Scholar From An Imitator – Shaykh ibn Baaz
- Only a Person of Sunnah Loves the Ulemah and a Liar Hates Them (Must Listen
- [Video] The Evil Results of a Scholar of Innovation (MUST SEE)
- Not all who read are scholars – (must see, emotional!)
Indeed This Knowledge Is Religion So Look To The One You Take Your Religion From – Shaykh Muhammad al-Imaam [Audio|Ar-En]
Listen / Download Mp3 Here (Time 31:46)
Imaam Ibn Seereen (rahimahullah) said, “Indeed, this knowledge Is Deen, so look to the one you take your Deen from.”
Shaykh Ahmad Ibn ‘Umar Bazmool (hafidhahullah) stated in explanation of the above statement of Imaam Ibn Seereen (rahimahullah):
Indeed, Allah (Azza-Wa-Jal) has commanded us this (affair) when He (Azza-Wa-Jal) said,
“So ask the people of the Dhikr (the Reminder), if you do not know.” [Soorah al-Anbiyaa`:7]
Allah commanded us to ask the people of the Dhikr (the Reminder), and the Salafus Saalih clarified that the ‘Ulamaa` are the people of the Dhikr. So Allah (Azza-Wa-Jal) specifying the ‘Ulamaa` as (those) to be asked is evidence that others besides them are not to be asked. And likewise, Imaams Bukhaari and Muslimreported in the Saheehayn on the authority of ‘Aa`ishah (radhiyAllahu ‘anhaa) that the Prophet (sallAllahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) recited the statement of Allah (Azza-Wa-Jal), “It is He Who has sent down to you (Muhammad) the Book (this Qur’aan).
In it are Verses that are entirely clear, they are the foundations of the Book [and those are the Verses of Al-Ahkaam (commandments, etc.), Al-Faraa'id (obligatory duties) and Al-Hudud (legal laws for the punishment of thieves, adulterers, etc.)]; and others not entirely clear. So as for those in whose hearts there is a deviation (from the truth) they follow that which is not entirely clear thereof, seeking Al-Fitnah (polytheism and trials, etc.), and seeking for its hidden meanings, but none knows its hidden meanings save Allah.” [Soorah Aali ‘Imraan: 7]
(Then after reciting the above ayah), he (sallAllahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said: “If you see those who follow thereof that is not entirely clear, then they are those whom Allaah has named [as having deviation from the truth]. So beware of them.” [Reported by Bukhaari in Kitaab At-Tafseer]
In this hadeeth is a warning against a people who give out knowledge, teach and issue verdicts. So their condition must be known.
Imaam Nawawi (rahimahullah) said, ”In this hadeeth is a warning against mixing with the people of deviation, the people of bid’ah and those who seek after the difficult affairs (of the Religion), seeking by it fitnah. So they are not to be consented to, rather (they are to be) restrained and subdued just as ‘Umar Ibnul Khattaab (radhiyAllahu ‘anhu) subdued Sabee Ibn Asl when he sought after the Mutashaabih (the unclear verses).
Our Shaykh Muhammad al-Imaam (hafidhahullah) will admonish us concerning this critical matter and highlight for us the gravity of being lax with respect to who we take knowledge from.
We ask Allah, Al-Haqq to show us the truth and make it easy for us to follow it and show us the falsehood and make it easy for us to distance ourselves from it.
Posted from: http://store.mpubs.org
Listen / Download Mp3 Here (Time 1:10:20)
Posted from: https://soundcloud.com/salafievents/knowledge
Listen / Download Mp3 Here (Time 52:07)
Posted with Permission from: http://tawheedfirst.com
The scholars are the inheritors of the Prophets, for the Prophets did not leave behind Dinars and Dirhams, but they left behind knowledge; and whoever receives it, receives an abundance of good fortune. (Ahmad, Abu Dawud; authentic)
Become a scholar if you are able.If you are not able, then be a student.If you can not,then show love for them.If you are unable to do that,then (at least) do not hate them.- Umar ibn Abdil-’Aziz [Ibn Abdil-Barr in Jaami'u Bayaanil-'Ilmi wa Fadhlihi, #143].
- [Inspirational] At the Doorstep of Knowledge
- Al-Imaam al-Qayrawaanee: “The First Foundation They Instill in You is Hatred for the Scholars” Comments by: Shaykh Ahmad Bazmool
- Whoever speaks ill of the (righteous) scholars, Allaah will give death to that person’s heart before He will give death to that person
- O Hasty Youth! Come to your Senses and Respect the Rights of The (Upright) Scholars and Teachers
- Only a Person of Sunnah Loves the Ulemah and a Liar Hates Them (Must Listen)
- They talk much about the scholars yet they do little themselves – Shaykh Saalih al-Fawzaan [Video|Ar-En Subtitles]
- The Beginner Students of Knowledge who Try to Tower Over the Major Scholars – Shaikh Al Albaani [Video|Ar-En Subtitles]
- Fear Allah and know your limit, O student of knowledge! – Shaykh Muhammad Sa’id Raslan [Video|Ar-En Subtitles]
- Study with the Scholars – Shaykh Hassan Al-Banna [Audio|Ar-En]
- Benefits from Manners and Character of Shaykh Hasan ibn Abdul Wahhab Marzooq al-Banna and the Scholars in General – Abu Muhammad al-Maghribee [Audio|En]
- [Inspirational] Seeking Knowledge – The Journey of Sheikh Muqbil – Mustafa George [Mp3|En]
- The 6 Characteristics Of A Successful Student Of Knowledge – Moosaa Richardson (mp3/english)
- Only a Person of Sunnah Loves the Ulemah (Scholars) and a Liar Hates Them (mp3/english)
- Knowledge and Scholars : AlBaseerah.org NewsLetter : Volume 1 – Issue 4 : [PDF]
- Do you want to listen to tapes? Listen to the pure people of the Sunnah and the pure scholars of the Sunnah – Shaykh ‘Abdul-Laah bin ‘Abdir-Raheem al-Bukhaaree
- Imaam Maalik (d.179) : Don’t Take Knowledge from Those Who Didn’t Sit With Scholars
- The Importance maintaining relations and sitting with the Scholars
Listening To Unknown Speakers and Its Dangers Upon The Deen – by Shaykh Abdullah Sulfeeq adh-Dhafiri [Audio|Ar-Eng]
Bismillah wa -Alhamdulillah wa Salaatu wa Salaam ‘alaa Rasulillah ‘amma ba’d
Muwahhideen Publications has organized a LIVE Tele-Lecture with the Noble Shaykh ‘Abdullaah Ibn Sulfeeq adh-Dhafeeri, Imaam of Masjid Mu’awiyyah Ibn Abi Sufyaan in Hafar al-Batin, K.S.A. The Shaykh is well known to the major scholars of our time, like Shaykh Rabee’ Ibn Haadee al-Madkhalee and Shaykh ‘Ubayd Ibn Sulayman al-Jaabiree (May Allah preserve them both), who both wrote introductions and recommendations to his books. Shaykh ’Abdullaah adh-Dhafari is also a professor at The Islaamic University in Hafar al-Batin and is very active is dawah throughout the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and outside of it. He participates in conferences alongside the major scholars, like Shaykh Rabee’, Shaykh ‘Ubayd and Shaykh Muhammad Ibn Hadee (May Allah preserve them all), and these major scholars also attend his masjid to give lessons as well.
Listen/Download Mp3 Here (Time 47:46)
In explaining the famous words of Muhammad Ibn Sireen (rahimahullah), “This knowledge is a matter of Deenso be careful who you take your Deen from”,
Shaykh Ahmad Bazmool (hafidhahullah) stated,
This matter is a matter of Deen, so be careful who you take your Deen from. This is how important this issue is. The knowledge, when one takes, hears or learns from someone, that knowledge is going to be Deen, something that is going to be weighty on the Day of Judgment; something that he is going to meetAllah with. So it is important that he takes his knowledge only from those who are known to have knowledge,taqwa and who are known to be upon righteousness, because what he takes is going to be his path to the Hereafter. So look to who you take your Deen from means that a Muslim must look and take his Deen from Ahlus Sunnah, the Salafiyoon, the ones who follow the Salaf-us-Salih and secondly, that the one whom he takes his Deen from is someone who has knowledge, known for knowledge, known for being upright and known for having taqwa. This knowledge is a matter of Deen so be careful who you take your Deen from. [Be Careful From Who You Take Your Deen From! from Salaf-us-Salih.com (with some editing)]
In addition to this, Shaykh Falaah Ibn Ismaa’eel (hafidhahullah) stated that it is a must that one determines and limits those whom he listens to, and from whom he reads from, and who he takes from, and (the works he) issues, and also who he sits with, this is very important. As for being a haatib layl (one who gathers wood at night i.e. blindly, heedlessly), listening to everyone and those who are unknown. No, it is feared that a trial will befall this one. Surely, from the signs of success from Allah and wanting good for His slave, it is uprightness and guidance that He helps him to sit, mix with and take from the people of the Sunnah. It is obligatory to have seriousness and diligence towards seeking out that which brings about success and guidance from Allah, andAllah is The One who grants success. [Benefit: The Ruling on Listening to Unknown Speakers from Troid.ca]
Shaykh ‘Abdullah adh-Dhafeeri (hafidhahullah) will admonish us concerning this crucial topic and by the Permission of Allah we will all act upon the advices given and thus exercise more caution regarding whom we listen to and take knowledge from.
We ask Allah to grant us all lasting eemaan, true certainty and beneficial knowledge.
Posted from: http://www.mpubs.org