Shaykh Saalih al-Fawzaan (hafithahuAllah)
Translated by Rasheed ibn Estes ibn Estes Barbee
Presented to you by Markaz Tawheed was-Sunnah in Durham, NC
Video Courtesy: Easa Ibn Roy
Audio Courtesy: Posted with Permission from http://MasjidasSunnah.com
Please do not edit/reupload w/o permission from them.
Allah has instructed us: “O you who believe, save yourselves and your families from a Fire whose fuel is men and stones.” [Surah At-Tahreem 66:6]
And the Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa salaam) said: “Each of you is a shepherd and responsible for his flock…” Reported by, Al-Bukharee (2554), Muslim (1829) Ahmad in al Musnad (4495).
It is therefore the duty of every parent and educator to instill the proper Tarbiyyah(education and upbringing/cultivation) in our children regarding every aspect of their lives in order to please Allah and to provide the children with a strong foundation.
- [Children] Resources
- Resources for Muslim Youth
- Your Flesh and Blood – The Rights of Children - by Shaikh Muhammad ‘Umar Baazmool
- Luqman’s (the wise) Advice to his son - by Sheikh Rabee’
- You Will be Accountable O Parents and Teachers - By Shaykh Muhammad Ibn Jameel Zaynoo
- Islam4Kids – http://islam4kids.com/i4k/ - from SalafiPublications.com
~ Who’s to Blame ? (Great Fitna of the Streets for our Youth) – By Abu Suhailah ‘Umar Quinn [Audio|En]
Courtesy of Germantown Masjid (may Allah Reward them with good)
Closing Talk Given By Umar Quinn about the great fitna of the streets for our youth today 12-25-12
This telelink lecture was givenon Saturday, April 7, 2012 by our Noble Sheikh Mis’ad al-Husaynee, Professor of Tafseer (Quranic Exegesis) and Quranic Sciences in The Islaamic University of Madinah, K.S.A
Translated into English By Abu Muhammad al-Maghribee
Audio Courtesy: http://followthesalaf.com
At what age do we begin teaching our children?
How do we give them the proper Islamic education?
Here is a brief summary of 5 important points the sheikh also brought.
1. Give priority their Islamic education, in accordance with what the Messenger, sallallahu alaihi wasallam, taught.
2. Set the right example in statements & action.
3. Keep them away from that which will have an evil affect on them. Know that TV & media are more dangerous than a person in destroying the uprightness of our children!
4. Strive to find good substitutions for that which we prevent them (from harmful things). Keep them busy with good, or they may keep busy with falsehood!
5. Make sure the manhaj of Ahlus-Sunnah is made clear to them and warn them from deviant methodologies and leave no room for confusion.
Listen to find out more!
Gathering of Knowledge with Shaykh Abdullah Al-Bukhari (hafidhahullaah)
Translated by Mustafa George (hafidhahullaah)
Shaykh Abdullah al-Bukhari gave very beneficial reminder around the hadeeth – “Everyone is a shepherd of his flock”. He highlighted theresponsibilities we all have and that our children reflect up and what we are upon with regards to our religion
“Worship Allaah and join none with Him in worship, and do good to parents” [4:36]
“And We have enjoined on man to be dutiful and kind to his parents. His mother bears him with hardship and she brings him forth with hardship” [46:15]
And say: “My Lord! Bestow on them Your Mercy as they did bring me up when I was small.” [17:24]
- Brief Biography of Sheikh Abdur Rahman al Ajlaan
- Kindness to the Parents – Sheikh Aasim Al Qoryooti [Mp3|Ar-En]
- Being kind and dutiful to one’s parents – Shaikh Ibn ‘Uthaimeen
Taken from Sharh ul-’Aqeedat-il-Waasitiyyah by Shaikh Ibn ‘Uthaimeen p673-676;
- Honouring the parents from the Quran and Sunnah – Shaikh Nazzam Sakkeejaa