Story of the Leper, the Bald Man and the Blind Man
Shaykh ibn Uthaymin (rahimahullaah)
Audio Courtesy: http://mtws.posterous.com
Listen / Download Mp3: (Duration: 16:18)
And [remember] when your LORD proclaimed “If you give thanks (by accepting Faith and worshipping none but Allah), I will give you more (of My Blessings), but if you are thankless (i.e. disbelievers), verily! My Punishment is indeed severe.” (Ibrahim 14:7)
‘As a Favour from Us, thus do We reward him who gives thanks (by obeying Us).’ (Al-Qamar 54:35)
“Verily, your Lord is full of Grace for mankind, yet most of them do not give thanks.” (An-Naml 27:73)
Read the Story mentioned in the audio @ Story of the Leper, the Bald Man and the Blind Man
Allah , says:
” And truly, if We give him a taste of mercy from Us, after some adversity has touched him, he is sure to say: “This is for me; I think not that the Hour will be established, but if I am brought back to my Lord, surely, there will be for me the best with Him.“ Then, We verily, will show to the disbelievers what they have done and We shall make them taste a severe torment” (Qur’an 41:50)
In this verse, Allah , Most Glorified, Most High, informs us when He blesses the disbelieving man or the doubter with health, well-being and wealth, after being afflicted with sickness, poverty or loss, he will not be thankful to his Rabb, but instead will boast that it is his right upon Allah . Then He , Most High, makes clear that the reason for this is his doubt in the reality of the Day of Judgement and all that it entails, including the Resurrection and the Gathering and that in his ignorance and stupidity, he exceeds even this, for he believes that should it prove that the Hereafter is a reality, he will find great blessings with his Rabb.
Then Allah warns him that he will be shown his deeds and that he will be held to account for them on that Day and he will receive a terrible punishment.
Benefits Derived From This Verse
1. That good and evil are by Allah’s Decree.
2. The obligation to be thankful for Allah’s Blessings.
3. Confirmation of the establishment of the Hour.
4. That doubt concerning the truth of the Resurrection is kufr.
5. That belief in Allah is not sufficient without belief in the Resurrection.
6. Confirmation of the reward and punishment.
Relevance of This Verse to the Subject of the Chapter
- That it proves that attributing blessings to other than Allah is kufr.
Relevance of This Verse to the Subject of Tawheed
- That it forbids attributing blessings to other than Allah , because to do so is to set up partners with Him, Most High, in Rabbship.