Listen / Download Mp3 Here (Time 32:46)
The following is posted from Riyadus Saliheen Published by Dar-us-Salam
Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported that the Messenger of Allah (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) said:
“One of the earlier Prophets who was out on an expedition proclaimed among his people that no man should follow him who had married a woman with whom he wished to cohabit but had not yet done so, or who had built houses on which he had not yet put the roofs, or who had bought sheep or pregnant she-camels and was expecting them to produce young. He, then, went on the expedition and approached the town at the time of the ‘Asr prayer or little before it. He then told the sun that both it and he were under command and prayed Allah to hold it back for them, so it was held back till Allah gave him victory. He collected the spoils and it (meaning fire) came to devour these, but did not. He said that among the people there was a man who stole from the booty. He told them that a man from every tribe must swear allegiance to him, and when a man’s hand stuck to his, he said: “There is thief among you and every individual of your tribe must swear allegiance to me”. (In course of swearing of allegiance,) hands of two or three persons stuck to his hand. He said: “The thief is among you”. They brought him a head of gold like a cow’s head and when he laid it down, the fire came and devoured the spoils. Spoils were not allowed to anyone before us, then Allah allowed spoils to us as He saw our weakness and incapacity and allowed them to us”.
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].
1. In the opinion of Imam As-Suyuti, the Prophet (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) referred to in this Hadith was Prophet Yusha` bin Nun (Joshua). His conduct shows that it is necessary to make suitable arrangements for the worldly needs of those who are engaged in the Cause of Allah so that they can concentrate on their struggle without any distraction.
2. The lawfulness of the booty of war fought in the way of Allah is a specialty of the Muslim Ummah. Before the advent of Islam (the Shar’iah of Prophet Muhammad (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam)), the booty of war which was free from dishonesty used to be consumed by fire. This Hadith also confirms the miracle of the Prophet Yusha’ (Joshua) in which the movement of the sun was stopped until he had conquered the village.
Translated by Abul-Husayn Yusuf McNulty حفظه الله
from the following link: http://www.sahab.net/forums/index.php…
Video Courtesy : Brother Bilal @ Manhaj ul-Haqq
Other Interesting Posts:
- Guarding Asr and Fajr prayers and seeing Allah by Sheikh Bin Baz (Salaf-us-Saalih.com)
- Urging to Observe ‘Isha’ and Fajr Prayers in Congregation – Riyadh ul saaliheen
- Excellence of the Morning (Fajr) and ‘Asr Prayers – Riyadh ul saaliheen
This khutbah was given at Masjid Tawheed in Stone Mountain, GA. Please join us if you are able at 5848 Memorial Dr, Stone Mountain, GA 30083. If you are not able to attend in person, please feel free to listen in via our Paltalk room or our telelink line at 712-432-2856.
Listen / Download Mp3 Here (Time 37:43)
Posted from: http://followthesalaf.com
Listen / Download Mp3 Here (Time 41:14)
Lecture ends @ 32 min
Khutbah (13th Jan 2012) by Abu Khadijah Talhat As-Senegaali – Based on the lecture by Shaykh Saalih Al Fawzaan (hafidhahullaah)
Listen / Download Mp3 Here (Time 30:58)
Posted from: http://soundcloud.com/salafievents/ramadhaan-analyse
Listen / Download Mp3 Here (Time 58:26)
Posted from: http://soundcloud.com/salafievents/ramadhaan-quran
Listen / Download Mp3 Here (Time 01:08:07)
Posted from: http://soundcloud.com/salafievents/last-ten-days
Last Ten Nights
Jumu’ah Khutbah at Camp Buehring, Kuwait on the evil of the Khawaarij
by Aboo Sufyaan Uthmaaan Beecher (31 May 2013)
Listen /Download Mp3 Here (Time 30:42)