The Virtue of the first 10 Days of Dhul-Hijjah
Abu Talha Dawud Burbank (rahimahullaah)
Listen / Download Mp3 Here (Time 37:33)
The first ten days of Dhul-Hijjah are the best and most virtuous days of the year. They are the days in which Allaah the Mighty and Majestic – most loves the doing of good deeds. About this the Prophet (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) said, “The best days in the world are the ten days.” 
Imaam Ibnul-Qayyim (d.751H) – rahimahullaah – said, “Indeed, its days are the most excellent of all the days with Allaah. And it has been confirmed in Saheehul-Bukhaaree (2/382), from Ibn ’Abbaas (radiyallaahu ’anhumaa) who said, that Allaah’s Messenger (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) said, “There ore no days during which good deeds are more beloved to Allaah than these (ten) days.” He was then asked, ‘Not even jihaad in the path of Allaah?’ So he replied, “Not even jihaad in the path of Allaah, except for a person who goes out with his self and his wealth, and comes back with nothing.” And it is these ten days that Allaah has taken an oath by in His Book, by His saying,
“By the Dawn and by the Ten Nights.” [Sooratul-Fajr 89:1-2]
This is why it is recommended to increase in making takbeer (saying Allaahu akbar), tahleel (saying Laa ilaaha illallaah) and tamheed (saying Alhamdulillaah) during these days …”
The Prophet (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) said, “There are no days that are greater with Allaah, and in which good deeds are more beloved to Him, than these ten days. So increase in making tasbeeh (saying Subhaanallaah), tamheed, tahleel and takbeer, during them.”
 Saheeh: Related by al-Bazzaar (1/234). It was authenticated by Shaykh al-Albaanee in Saheehul-Jaami’ (no. 1133).
 Refer to Zaadul-Ma’aad (1/56).
 Saheeh: Related by at-Tabaraanee in al-Kabeer (3/110/1) It was authenticated by al-Mundharee in at-Targheeb wat-Tarheeb (2/24).
- The Month of Dhul-Hijjah – Al-Istiqaamah Magazine, Issue No.6
- Advice concerning the Ten Days of Dhul-Hijjah – Sheikh Muhammad ibn Saalih al-’Uthaymeen
- Significance & Virtues of the Day of Arafah – Compiled from various sources
- Fasting the first Nine Days of Dhul-Hijjah is a Sunnah
- Excellence of Fasting on the Day of Arafah – from Al-Istiqaamah Magazine, Issue No.6
Sending Salutations Upon The Prophet On Jumu’ah (a forgotten Sunnah)
Abu Talhah Dawood Burbank (rahimahullaah)
Visit : www.ittibaa.com
Related Must Read Links:
- The Meaning of Salaat and Salaam on the Prophet – Shaikh ‘Abdul-Muhsin bin Hamad Al-‘Abbaad
- The Obligation of Supplicating Allah to Exalt His Mention and its Excellence, and its Manner – Riyad as Saliheen
- Occasions Legislated to Send Salaah upon the Messenger (salallaahu ‘alaihi wa sallam)
- Be of those who obtains Prophet’s intercession (Shafa’ah) on the Day of Judgment [Great Rewards]
- The Hour on Friday in which the Supplication From a Muslim is Accepted
- Get your Minor Sins forgiven between Friday and the following Friday
- Day of Jumu’ah – Ask Allaah for Anything in the Last Hour after ‘Asr
- Walk to Jumu’ah, fulfill these conditions for Hefty Reward
The 99 Beautiful Names of Allaah
Abu Talha Dawood Burbank (mp3/english)
Lesson at Maktabah Salafiyyah (2002) by our noble brother Abu Talhah Dawood Burbank, May Allaah shower him with His Mercy.
This is a free download available at @ http://www.salafiaudio.com
Listen / Download mp3: (approx 80 min audio)